Friday, December 16, 2016

Summer 2016

Getting to the Boat

I have an interesting method for getting to the boat in Milford CT from Long Island.  I drive to the Bridgeport/Port Jefferson Ferry, walk on as shown below.
Getting on the PJ Ferry
(This is Actually in Bridgeport)

Going across the Sound
Walking to the train station
(Notice the Ferry in the Background)
Getting on the Train
Going up Two Stops
(Sometimes with a Friend like Alex Snedden shown here)

And finally walking a few blocks to the Marina
I start to work on the Boat

Not a Good Spring

2016 was not a good spring (or year for that matter) for me, health-wise.  The first thing that happened was that I came down with a case of bronchial-pneumonia just before I was to start working on the boat.  It was a month before I felt I could start working on the boat; so that put me 4 weeks behind.  Consequently, I started working long hours to get me back on schedule...bad idea.
Up my Big Ladder Working
I was just finishing polishing the topsides when I decided to use a light aluminum ladder, in the yard to finish the last bit of the transom.
"The Ladder"
The ladder collapsed under me.  Down I went hitting my head on another boat on the way down: concussion time.  It took me two weeks to feel good enough to start work again.  Then I had a recurrence of the bronchial-pneumonia.  Finally, four weeks after that and paying the yard to complete the work, the boat was ready to sail back across the sound.

Got the interior all ready to go with a great deal of help from my friend.




The cabin sole (floor) is looking good

Ready to sail back
Sailing Calypso Back from Milford
In Mount Sinai Harbor
Pictures of and from the boat over the summer







The Swim Platform Actuator
I finally got the swim platform actuator and motor out (together with a faulty switch) and had them repaired and replaced.  If finally works reliably 

Pictures from our single cruise to Essex CT.







That's it for this summer.  We'll see what the winter and next summer brings.

No comments:

Post a Comment