Thursday, November 10, 2016

Before Calypso

Before Calypso

I had many boats before SV Calypso

The fourth boat I sailed regularly was my Lightning called the Pink Lady.  Here is one picture of her lined up with some of the other lightnings at the Gull Lake Yacht Club near my home town. I plan to find some other better ones that I've misplaced.

The next boat I owned I called the Byt-By-Byt.  Since I'm a computer geek and since this was the way I improved it for racing, it seemed appropriate.

Here she is on our annual cruise to Fire Island.

Next I bought SV Starwood In 1995.  She was a 1980 C&C 34.  Here she is in her teal blue colors (which every spring to 4 to 8 weeks to clean.




This is the spinnaker she came with.
Then I had her repainted, saving months of future time trying to get her the way I wanted her.
During the Topsides Repaint

When Finally Done

On the Travel Lift Ready for the Water

Finally In the Water

One of the Crew Up the Mast checking the Cormorant Protection

Finally, in Mount Sinai Harbor on her Mooring

Racing SV Starwood







The first new spinnaker I bought for her


Getting Ready for the Turning Mark

An Off we Go

The SV Starwood and her team

SV Starwood with her Asymmetric Shoot Up

Racing with a newer New Symmetric Shoot Up


And I refinished her interior in 2014





Then I found SV Calypso.


No comments:

Post a Comment